Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Weekly Tidbits #16

source
Watching: Stand by Me I've been trying to get my husband to watch this movie for ages and he finally broke down (he ended up liking it). It's such a good movie and surprisingly, it is based on a story by Stephen King. It's not a scary or gory movie by any means, and is really about childhood friendships. It reminds me a lot of The Goonies. There are a lot of famous actors in this movie as well, including Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, and a bleach blonde Kiefer Sutherland. 

Working on: creating lesson plans for my student teaching. I actually have a double major, one of which is secondary education in physics. This is my first education class so we are teaching a younger group and it's not necessarily within your major's topic. I'll be teaching 6th graders about area and perimeter next week. 


Making: slow progress on my cat scarf. So far I've only finished her head and I think I may have added a couple stitches somewhere along the lines. It's nice to have something to do in my anthropology class though. Seriously, the most boring class I've been in. It's a huge lecture with 200+ people so I can hide in the back with my crocheting. 

Reading: I finished Landline in less than 24 hours. I really loved it, as I do all of Rainbow Rowell's books. I don't even know if I can pick a favorite. In all of her books, I've been able to relate to the characters in some way. Now that I'm married, I found there were things I could relate to with Georgie, that I probably wouldn't have been able to before. 

Loving: pumpkin donuts, pumpkin chai-cheesecake milkshakes (I promise it's delicious), pumpkin english muffins, pumpkin everything! I love fall because the grocery stores st. art carrying all of the delicious pumpkin treats. As the weather cools, I really get in a baking mood and I have all sorts of pumpkin goodies planned. Pumpkin Cinnamon bread anyone?

Excited About: my parents getting a new puppy! They will be getting a bulldog puppy from a friend soon, and I can't wait to see it. I love animals and while I would love to have a dog of my own, it's really not feasible. Between work and school, I'm not home nearly enough to take care of a dog and my cats would probably be very upset if I allowed a newcomer into the household. Maybe someday, but for now, I'll live vicariously through everyone else.

Little Tidbits:
freshly dyed hair ♥ great thrifting finds ♥ realizing the semester is already almost half over ♥ finally being able to wear tights ♥ putting new music on my ipod
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment