Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Sew Similar #15

Sew Similar #15


Is anyone else a bit in shock that September is almost over? It's crazy how quickly this year has gone by. Tomorrow is the autumn equinox, marking the first day of fall, which means that winter and the holiday season are right around the corner. Winter usually means lots of parties and events so today I'm featuring a little party dress to get you in the festive mood.

This dress is originally $129.99 from ModCloth. I've purchased a few things in the past from ModCloth and never were really satisfied with them, so now I just browse their site for inspiration. I am a polka dot hoarder so I absolutely love this dress. I normally stay away from ruching, but I think it looks great with this lightweight fabric; it helps to keep it from adding bulk. The pattern I chose has a halter neck, but this could easily be switched to shoulder straps, depending on your preference. The price for the handmade outfit is just $59.52, leaving plenty left over for Christmas shopping! I've actually already started getting gifts for friends and family, although I'm going to make a majority of them. Are you already thinking about the holidays or is it still too far off?
post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing series. I love this idea. I actually have been really debating trying to sew my own clothes, or actually learn to sew period. My mom has tried to teach me a few times but Ive never retained anything she's taught me. I honestly want to do it a lot for the reason you mentioned. Ive ordered cute quirky printed clothes from sites like mod cloth before and just haven't been impressed especially for the price point. I thought that I could try to dabble in it myself and then at least I know it'll be hand made and made for me. I was wondering if I could email you to ask you a few sewing beginner related questions?
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'm still learning as well, especially when it comes to dress making, but I'd be happy to help any way I can. Sewing is a lot of fun and it's nice to be able to say you made something by hand. Even better if you can wear your creations!

      Delete