Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Thrift Haul

I don't know about you guys, but, I'm a huge fan of thrift stores. It's actually how I started reading blogs in the first place. Somehow in high school, I found the Wardrobe Remix group on flickr and saw all these awesome, stylish ladies, a lot of whom, frequented thrift stores. Many of the people in the group also had blogs and it kind of snowballed from there. I used to be really interested in fashion but, over time, I realized that I wasn't really a fan of fashion, but style. I like to see interesting outfits people put together in everyday life. Life is much too short for boring clothes!
I recently found out that there's a Savers in my town by getting a coupon in the mail, and of course I can't pass up a good coupon. This one was for 30% off your total, which is amazing! Now, as much as I love thrift stores, I won't deny that there is a a certain smell that goes along with used clothing. I always wash everything I get though, so I don't really mind too much. My husband and I walked into the store and were shocked. It was the cleanest and most well-organized secondhand store I've been in; it reminded me of a Ross or TJ Maxx. We found quite a few items as well. My husband got a couple scarves for winter, and I got two tops, a dress, and this book on the making of Epcot. With our coupon, everything came to about $15; it was a really great haul. Do you shop at thrift stores? Or do you prefer your items brand new?




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of that polka-dot blouse! Thrifting can be so much fun, you never know what you will come across.

    ReplyDelete