Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekly Tidbits #14

source
This past week has been very, very busy. Last weekend, I celebrated my birthday in Phoenix with family and some friends. It was a lot of fun, and, I'm glad I was able to see my family since it's been a couple months since I saw them last. My friend's threw me a zombie themed party with plenty of treats and movies. Aren't these zombie cookies the best?! I got to keep the cookie cutters as part of my gift, which means plenty of zombie cookies in the future. 

This week was also the start of school. On the first day, as I was getting ready to leave, I realized that someone had cut my bike lock. Luckily, they didn't take my bike, but, it still was a major bummer. I've been walking all across campus and my feet are definitely sore at the end of the day. I'm actually still not able to ride my bike because all of the stores are sold out of bike locks. Literally, all of the stores. It's crazy. Anyways, here are a few things that I've been doing this week:

Watching: lots and lots of Scrubs. This and The Office are shows we put on when we're getting ready for bed. I've already seen most of the episodes and it's still hilarious. I love that the humor is just ridiculous and kind of slapstick, but, not too cheesy. My favorite character is definitely the Janitor.

Working on: 
a new pin for the shop! I just listed this little guy this morning. Fall always makes me think of woodland creatures so I am going to make a series of these little guys. So far, I've just listed the raccoon, but I think I'm going to make a fox, owl, and maybe a rabbit.

Making: Thai iced tea. I had never tried it before but I got some for my birthday and it's pretty delicious. I absolutely love tea and usually have about 5 or 6 different kinds in my cupboard. So far, I've just tried it with a bit of sugar and almond milk, but I think I'm going to try it with lime next time. What is your favorite kind of tea?

Reading: The new 52 Swamp Thing vol. 1. I've never read any of the Swamp Thing comics, and I didn't even know that it was a DC property, but, we found the first volume at a used bookstore. I haven't read it yet; I just kind of flipped through and looked at the art. I love all of the Universal monsters though, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. 

Loving: 
my women's and gender studies class. I really like my professor; he makes weird analogies and references that I don't think everyone catches. Also, my midterm paper is an analysis of the first volume of Wonder Woman! I don't know that I've ever looked forward to a midterm before, but, this one is going to be a lot of fun. 

Excited About: planning a Halloween party! I'm not very social and don't generally like being around groups of people, but, I love themed parties. Or, I guess the idea of them, since I've never really been to one. This year I've decided to have a couple of our friends over for a Halloween celebration. I've started pinning ideas and can't wait to start making decorations. To start, I've set up some of my Spookytown pieces; it's never too early!

Little Tidbits:
kitten sneezes ♥ relaxing after a long day ♥ getting compliments on my performance at work ♥ homemade broccoli cheddar soup ♥ date night dinners

Edit: Whoops! I forgot to add the photo of the cookies.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love your little halloween village and the zombie cookies, I can't wait for Halloween!

    Kaylee
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, me too. Halloween is my favorite holiday by far! It's so much fun.

      Delete