Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sew Similar #13

Sew Similar #13

dress pattern fabric shoes earrings
This dress instantly made me think of mod '60's fashion; it's totally something I could see Daphne Blake from Scooby-Doo wearing. I normally don't wear much bright orange, but I love it on this dress, and I think it pairs nicely with the sky blue on the shoes and earrings. The pattern I found is slightly different from the original dress, but, they are changes you could make relatively easily. The collar is pointed on the dress, versus rounded on the pattern, and the pattern has a pleated skirt instead of an a-line. The fabric is also a bit different, with a more geometric pattern rather than the floral. This dress is originally $79.99 from ModCloth. The handmade outfit comes to a total of $31.75. Are there any colors you never seem to wear?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I love the material you picked! And it will look so nice with those sweet blue shoes

    ReplyDelete