Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekly Tidbit #15

This is a not-so-weekly tidbit since I missed last week's. It's been very, very busy around here with school and work, but, here's a little of what's going on with me!
source source  source
Watching: Arrested Development I've seen a  few episodes of this show here and there but never really watched them in order. My husband and I just started watching it on Netflix, and it's hilarious. Buster is definitely my favorite character. 

Working on: determining the topic of my research paper for my invertebrate paleontology class. I think I am going to write it on mass extinction.I'm trying to tie in astronomy so I am going to be focusing on large impacts, most likely the Chicxulub impact (the one that killed off the dinosaurs). It has to be 10 pages long, so I'm trying to make it interesting to me.


Making: my house a little more functional. We recently rearranged our living room/ dining area and it is SO much better. Living in a small space, it's easy to get stuck thinking there's only one way the furniture will fit. We stuck our dining table long ways along the wall, so now I have a sewing area and desk for homework. It's crazy how refreshing it is to have a new space. 

Reading: I finally finished Hyde. I actually really enjoyed it, it just took me a while since I've just been reading quite a bit less for pleasure now that school has started. With all of the reading for my classes, I don't have a lot of spare time to read comics and books. I usually bring a book with me to school to read in between classes, but, if there's homework , I try and finish that first. Next I'll be starting Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Although, I think I'm going to start a paperback as well since it'll be lighter in my backpack. 

Loving: Spooky Symphonies It's a Pandora station with instrumentals, mostly from movie scores (which I love). I've been listening to it while working on homework and it's great. It's a lot of Danny Elfman and Harry Potter music (the best kind of music). I like to have background noise at all times but t.v. can be distracting when I should be focusing on school work. Do you listen to music while you work? Any suggestions?

Excited About: If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that I've decided on a Halloween costume. I've been wanting to do it for a couple years, but this year I'll finally be Ms. Frizzle! I went to Joann's this weekend and got the fabric since I had a coupon. I was initially going to get a different fabric and they ended up being out of stock. I'm actually really happy I got this one instead. Have any of you decided on a costume yet?

Little Tidbits:
 seeing a family of deer ♥ swapping homemade cookies with our neighbors ♥ making jewelry ♥ discovering Instagram (link me to your profiles!) ♥ pumpkin chai in the morning
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I usually wait for something to strike my attention 3 times in a short period before I get onto it, and Arrested Development always, always pops up and I never make time for it. So I most definitely will, I know that I'll understand a lot more references and jokes in daily life with people!

    Lauren / And Together We

    ReplyDelete