Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Jewelry Organization Makeover

I don't normally wear a lot of jewelry; it's one of those things that tend to get forgotten as I'm rushing out the door in the morning. Especially with school in session, I have to leave my house by 7:30 am, and I like to sleep in as long as possible. In an effort to wear more of the jewelry I have, I decided to finally organize it all. I keep my jewelry and pins in a small drawer in my bathroom. Living in a small apartment, I don't have a ton of storage. Previously, everything was just thrown in the drawer. Even if I wanted to try and wear a particular necklace, it would take ten minutes just to untangle it form the rest. I also had a lot of loose earrings and it would take forever to find the match. As you can see, it was not pretty.

I got these little plastic baggies at the dollar store ages ago. They were just sitting in my craft stash and so I finally put them to good use. The best part about them is they are clear so you know exactly what you're looking at without having to open up the bag. 

I've seen a lot of really cute storage units online, but, without a lot of counter space, it's hard to find something functional. This method of storage really works for me. It looks so much better now, and I've already worn more jewelry this past week! It's so quick and easy to just rifle through my drawer and pick out what I want to wear that day. How do you all store your jewelry and accessories?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment