Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Weekly Tidbits #17

source source source
Watching: Hemlock Grove I kept hearing about this show and finally decided to give it a try. I'm still a little unsure on how I feel about the show. I think it may be one that I like but don't necessarily love. I've been keeping it on in the background while doing homework and sewing so I am a little confused as to what's going on. The transformation scene was wicked cool though and way more gory than something you would normally see on television.

Working on: my Halloween costume! I made some progress this week and so far have cut out all the pieces and just have to sew everything together. I'm also making another dress with the same pattern in a different fabric. I figured it's probably easier to just cut out all the pieces at once and then I can sew everything at the same time. Are any of you dressing up for Halloween?

Making: 
Chantal over at Pony Chops has created the cutest cross stitch pattern of a pinata. The best part is, she's made it available for free! I think cross stitching, like a lot of crafts, has an association with the older generation, but you can really make some cute, modern designs. I haven't tried cross stitching since I was a kid, but now I'm dreaming up all kinds of cross stitched goodies to make. 

Reading: Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. He is the author of Fight Club (one of my favorite books/ movies) and I've read several of his other novels. I really like his books because they are different from anything else I read. He has a very distinct writing style though, and I can't read more than one of his books in a row. I have to break it up with something a little more lighthearted. 

Loving: the cooler weather. We had a pretty big storm right before the Autumn equinox and ever since it's been officially fall, the temperature has dropped like crazy. The low for the past couple nights has been in the 30's and I've had to bundle up at work to stay warm. At least I can wear tights now!

Excited About: The Boxtrolls I think I've mentioned before how excited I am to see this movie, but it's finally out in theaters! Between work, school, and my husband being under the weather, we haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Hopefully this weekend we will be able to. I've been looking forward to it since seeing the first "making of" trailer. I'm sure it will be amazing!

Little Tidbits:
getting great news at work ♥ thunderstorms ♥ cozy smelling candles ♥ finishing midterms ♥ new comics
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment