Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Weekly Tidbits #5


Watching: I, Frankenstein When I first saw the previews for this movie, I got super excited, because, hello, it's Frankenstein and gargoyles. I never got around to seeing it in the theaters though, so we got it from Redbox this week. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. I would say on the cheesiness factor it's a little better than SyFy channel movie. Don't get me wrong, super cheesy movies are amazing in their own right, but I was hoping for a little more with this one. 

Working On: finishing my thank you cards from my wedding... which took place six months ago. I feel so bad that it's taken me this long.  It's crazy because I love mail and cute stationery but for some reason, this task is just the worst. I'm going to impose a quota of 5 a day until I'm finished. Hopefully that will get them finished quickly!


Reading: Zombie by J.R. Angelella This novel, despite its name, is not actually about zombies. However, the main character, a boy named Jeremy is obsessed with zombie movies. He finds a home video in his father's closet of someone being prepped for surgery, strapped to a bed, and the story follows him as he struggles with what he finds and the meaning of it. This book has quite a few bad reviews on Goodreads but I'll be holding my judgement until I finish it.


Making: prints for my wall. I have so much empty wall space so I made a few literary inspired prints for over over my bookshelves. I'll be sharing a little DIY on how I made them later on. 


Loving: summer weather! I normally hate summer because in Phoenix it's like living inside a volcano, and I'm just miserable. Now that I'm not living in a hellscape, I understand why people look forward to summer and being able to be outside during the day! I'm hoping to go to the lake and have a picnic with some friends that are visiting for the fourth. 


Excited About: Pacific Rim 2!!I absolutely loved the first one and Guillermo del Toro just announced that the second film will be released on April 7, 2017. You can watch the video announcing it here. They are also making an animated series which I am super stoked about. AND I found out that there is a comic, which is now on my list to buy. 


Little Tidbits:

Pokemon Stadium ♥ kitten cuddles ♥ otter pops ♥ rediscovering At The Drive-In ♥ all the fresh fruit on sale

No comments:

Post a Comment