Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Goals for 2015

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost two months since I last posted anything. I've taken a bit of a break from everything with finals and the holidays keeping me busy. Hopefully with things slowing down a bit, I can get back on track! I don't usually make new years resolutions but I decided to list out a few goals for myself and the start of the new year seems as good a time as any to start working on them. 
1. Send More Snail Mail
I've actually started working on this already. This winter I participated in a scarf exchange hosted by The Arbitrary Fox and I enjoyed it so much! Picking out the perfect scarf for someone was so fun and I received the most adorable handmade raccoon scarf from A Retro Rabbit. After my first online swap, I was really eager to sign up for another one. As soon as I saw the Vintage Secret Santa Swap over at Chronically Vintage, I knew I had to participate. This swap was so much fun and I really lucked out again. I received this amazing set of 1940's paper dolls. Aren't they great? I love the little jacket and pinafore. I also signed up for swap-bot, which is a site where you can participate and host swaps. Have any of you used this site before? I'm thinking of posting a review after I've used it for a while.
2. Manage My Time More Effectively
I am definitely the kind of person who takes on a million things at once and then gets overwhelmed and super stressed out. I really want to make sure that this next year I take time for myself and relax a bit. I've been searching for a planner to use for all of my school and work stuff but haven't found anything worth spending the money on. Since it's been so difficult to find something that will work my friend and I have decided to make our own. 
3. Work On My Etsy Shop
I listed a couple of items in the shop this summer and then got super busy and wasn't able to focus on it at all. I really want to work on getting several products listed and promote my shop more, and hopefully participate in a craft fair this summer! 
I also have lots of little things I want to achieve this year but those are the big three. Have you made any resolutions or goals for the new year?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Those sound like really great goals! I need to better manage my time too. I have a terrible habit of taking on 100 projects at a time and then never finishing a single one. So much inspiration so little time! But I feel this is going to be a good year. Best of luck to you! I'll check back to see how your progress goes. Ohhh, I'll be doing a giveaway soon and a swap not long after. Just letting the holidays die down first. Happy New Year!
    Xoxo,
    Heather
    www.thearbitraryfox.com

    ReplyDelete