Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekly Tidbits #18

Hi there! I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend. Here's a little of what I've been up to this week.
Watching: The Walking Dead Oh my goodness. I am so excited for this season. Since we don't have cable, we weren't planning on watching it until it came on Netflix, but our neighbors invited us to watch it with them. It was a lot of fun, and we made plans to watch it with them on Sundays and take turns bringing dinner. Some shows are just more fun to watch in groups. When Carol and Darryl were reunited, I was so happy! Did any of you tune in for the premier?

Working on: plans for a huge shop update in November. I have to be honest, I am a little disappointed in my progress with my etsy shop. I have so many ideas and just not enough time in the day to create. Between working full time, having more than a full load at school, and homework on top of that, I don't have a whole lot of free time. I'm planning on taking some time each week to just relax with some crafts and try and get some items stockpiled to list next month. (Hopefully announcing it here will make me stick to a deadline!) Do any of you feel like you don't have enough time to do all of the things you want to accomplish?


Making: the first hot cocoa of the season! As much as I love tea, I drink it year round, so it doesn't have a whole lot of seasonal significance. Hot cocoa, however, I really only drink in the winter months. I just had some of the premade cocoa mix laying around, but I would love to come up with a few different recipes. Candy cane would be delicious!

Reading: Maze Runner I have heard a lot of good things about this series and am really excited to get into it. I haven't seen the film yet, and will probably wait until it's out of theaters, but the series has a really interesting concept. If you haven't heard about it, you can read more here.

Loving: Just walking around downtown. My husband and I moved to our town in March and still have a lot of places we've yet to see. This Sunday we went to lunch and afterwards, just walked around and explored all of the little shops. We stopped at a tea bar, and I got the most delicious pumpkin chai latte. There was another blend called "Witch's Brew" but they were out of stock at the time. I'll definitely be back to try it. 
 They brew everything by hand and heat the water to the precise temperature needed. Surprisingly, the tea was not expensive at all. I'd say that Starbucks is probably a little more pricey. And of course, we couldn't resist a stop at the candy shop. My treats of choice were the peanut butter cup and carrot cake truffle. Amazing!

Excited About: the semester ending. Whew, my first semester has been a doozy. I'm picking my classes for the next semester this week and it will be such a relief when I do. I chose my classes before I started my job and my current schedule is not the best for me. I've been able to make both work but it will be nice to plan my classes at more convenient times. 

Little Tidbits: 
the cats being extra snuggly since it's so cold in the evening ♥ all the sunflowers that are blooming everywhere ♥ new toys! (I mean figurines. I swear, I'm an adult.) I got the Donald Tsum and the Bambi pop ♥ American Horror Story c
oming on Netflix ♥ getting my first pumpkin of the season
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen it yet but it looks so good! I'm still waiting for Coven to come on Netflix. I know, it's so weird that both shows came from the same mind.

    ReplyDelete