Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sunday at the Farmer's Market

This Sunday we visited the farmer's market for the first time. Normally, on the weekends, we just want to stay inside and relax before I work in the evenings. It was really nice to get out and enjoy the weather. I still can't get over how great it is not to be in 110+ degree heat! I love farmer's markets and outdoor fairs because there's so many great handmade items. The best part though, is how many dogs are there! Seriously, they were everywhere; I just wanted to hug them all. Our town is the most dog-friendly place I've ever been. There was a watering station for the pups and even a booth with homemade dog treats. 
We ended up getting a few things; some jam, marmalade, grilling sauce, and gluten free pasta. The hardest thing with gluten free pasta is that (from my experience) you can't eat it cold. like in a pasta salad. Once you cook it and let it cool, it just gets hard and inedible. When I tried a sample of this cold, it was delicious! I knew I had to get some. They had tons of flavors; we got Habenero, Artichoke Heart, and Spinach Basil & Garlic. I'm also really excited to try this grilling sauce on some shrimp tacos. Mango is one of my favorite flavors so I'm sure I'll use this quite a bit.

After the farmer's market, we walked around downtown a bit. I got a few little things for a gift and these adorable handmade soaps. They come in loaves, which I think is hilarious, and then sliced into bars. I don't usually like a lot of scented products but all of these soaps smell amazing! They aren't too strong and the saleswoman said that they are really great on your skin. We got bubble gum and strawberries, as well as a drain to keep them from getting your sink all messy. Does your town have a farmer's market or handmade fair?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment