Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Mini Trip Review


On Saturday, my husband and I drove down to Phoenix for Comicon. We had a bunch of other things planned, and it ended up being a very busy weekend. My husband had to work in Phoenix on Wednesday, so we stayed for the first part of the week. Saturday we had team trivia with friends and even though it was probably our worst game, as far as points go, we still had a blast. I also found the last doll I needed to complete my DC doll collection!

Sunday was Comicon and afterwards we watched Game of Thrones. Oh my goodness, this show seriously keeps me on the edge of my seat. I haven't yet read the books because I don't want to know what is going to happen before I see it on the show. I was surprised that the entire episode focused on the battle at the wall but after watching the episode I'm glad they did it that way. I wouldn't have wanted any of it to have been cut. I won't include any spoilers since I know a lot of people don't watch on the day of, but, one of my favorite parts was that the giants rode mammoths. I thought it was super cool looking, like giant vikings. The only bad thing about the show is that the season goes by so fast; there are only ten episodes. I can't believe this Sunday is the season finale!

Monday and Tuesday were fairly uneventful, filled with lots of studying and running errands. We did manage to fit in a Goodwill trip and found a few books though. We got Inferno by Dan Brown, a book of horror short stories, and a couple others. I have so many books I need to read but I can't help buying more, especially at Goodwill. They're so cheap! We also stopped by the mall to get a gift and ended up getting a coupld more Pops! to add to our collection. We got Edward Scissorhands (so adorable!), and a pre-release of Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn. 

Wednesday, I took my midterm and did better than I thought, although, it wasn't a great grade. I'm just glad to have it over with. We were supposed to spend the evening with my family but had to leave town early since my first day of training was Wednesday evening. It was a fun trip overall, but, as much as I love visiting friends and family, I miss my cats and hate to leave them for too long. I always appreciate being home more once I've been away for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment