Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Weekly Tidbits #1


I love reading all of those weekly update posts that are everywhere. Whether it's Things I Love Thursday, Friday Favorites, or Currently..., I think they're a great way to look back on your week and appreciate the little things. This will be a hodge-podge of all of those and give me a chance to remember the everyday stuff.

Watching: The World Wars. I'm so excited to finally see some history based programming on the History Channel. It seems like lately there are only reality shows. 


Working on: Organizing all of my embroidery floss. It's so satisfying to see them all neat and color coordinated. They don't all fit in the container though so I guess I need to work on some projects to whittle down my stash.


Reading: The Strain by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro and anticipating the new TV show based off the book series. You can watch the trailer for the show here. Be warned, these are definitely not sparkly Twilight vampires. 


Making: Our little owl light switch plate pop! He used to be white and just blended right into the wall. Now you can actually see him. I'm a little undecided about the color, as it looks a bit orange in person. He may get another paint job soon.


Loving: I had an interview for a summer position with Lowell Observatory. Basically my dream job. The interview seemed to go well. I've got my fingers crossed!


Excited About: Winning a prerelease copy of a book through Goodreads! I've never won anything in a giveaway before so I am very excited. The book is called Unwept by Tracy and Laura Hickman and is the first in the Nightbirds series. I've never read anything by the authors but so far the book has very positive reviews.


Little Tidbits:

friends coming to visit over the weekend♥Settlers of Catan♥cool, breezy nights♥clean sheets♥watching Hollywood Game Night with my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment