Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sew Similar #20

Sew Similar #20

I hope everyone had a great holiday season! Over New Year's, we received quite a bit of snow so we stayed in and welcomed 2015 by playing Disney Scene-it. I ended up being asked to stay home from work because of the snow, but my husband still had to go in. I drove him to work without a problem but our poor car couldn't make it up the hill to go home. Thinking that the snow would let up, I decided to walk around Target to kill some time. Well, it proceeded to snow even harder and didn't let up until the next day. I walked home and my husband's coworker was kind enough to drive him but our our car was stranded in the Target parking lot. Fast forward to the next day when we had to walk to Target and shovel the car out of the snow drift that had been plowed around it! I had on several layers as well as my warmest coat but I certainly wasn't what you would call warm.

Lately, when I am just hanging around the house, I huddle up in a pile of fleece. Fleece pajama pants, fleece robe, and fuzzy socks. It may not be flattering, but it gets the job done. While we were shoveling our car out of the snow, I was thinking about how nice and cozy my fleece cocoon sounded. I think this coat is the next best thing. The original coat can be purchased from ModCloth for $149.99 (on sale now for 50% off) and is made of a wool/ polyester blend. For this handmade version, I've suggested a red fleece lining. Now you can have the comfort and warmth of a robe without the look of one! If you do decide to add a fleece lining to a coat, you will need to make sure to account for the slightly bulkier fabric.

For me, black and white houndstooth goes best with pops of red. The original coat is actually mint green and black but I didn't realize this until later on. This beret has also been on my wishlist for a while. I think I might need to break down and get a few colors!

Have any of you added a fleece lining to a coat before? How do you stay warm in the winter?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment